Seven is hiring an Analyst - our data and performance lead within the agency. We’re looking for someone who can work at both proposal and PCA stages for our diverse range clients, including Vitality, Fujitsu, Weight Watchers, BlackRock and Lloyds Pharmacy – and who is passionate about the power of data in achieving amazing results for our clients.
At Seven, we believe in putting audiences first – and that a deep, strategic understanding of people and their behaviours is essential in delivering genuine results for our clients.
A key member of the Strategy team, the Analyst is the agency’s key point of contact for all aspects of data, data research and performance. You have hands-on responsibility for illustrating the success of our work for all clients, and are Seven’s key advocate for all aspects of data and analytics.
You will be well-practiced in translating data into stories for both internal colleagues and clients, and you think strategically and creatively as well as analytically. You’ll have your finger on the pulse of the latest developments and possibilities in data and analytics to constantly bring innovation and ideas about the latest opportunities and best practice in data and analytics.
Tools and platforms capabilities:
- Major analytics platforms (Google Analytics/Google 360 primarily, plus Ominuture)
- Social listening (we currently use TalkWalker)
- Consumer profiling/audience analysis tools (focusing on GWI)
- In-platform social analytics (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
Bonus, but not essential:
- Container experience (e.g. Google Tag Manager or equivalent)
- Lead nurture programs (we currently use Marketo for some clients)
- Native platforms (e.g. AdYouLike, Outbrain or equivalent)
- Additional Audience analysis (e.g. YouGov)
Early project stage -
- Gathering audience, channel and other data inputs from a wide range of sources to inform pitches, proposals and live client briefs/BAU activity
- Advising on, setting and reviewing KPIs in partnership with our Paid Media Manager and other members of the Strategy, Client Services and Creative teams
During projects -
- Liaising directly with clients (in partnership with the client services lead/strategy lead) on all data queries, discussions and presentations
- Real-time monitoring and optimisation of marketing activations as required
End project stage -
- Performance reporting, including gathering, manipulating and interpreting raw data from a variety of sources; for some clients this is on a periodic basis (monthly, quarterly), for others it is more ad-hoc (PCAs)
- Translating the story from the data to give a clear overall view of the results
- Developing learnings and recommendations for future activity based on results and articulate these in engaging ways
Additional responsibilities -
- Compiling and sharing a monthly Agency Performance Highlights email/short report
- Compiling and sharing a short internal Latest Data Trends newsletter each month
- Building and owning relationship with contacts at individual platforms/tools
- Developing our connections within the C3 group, working in partnership with colleagues in Munich and Berlin
- Maintaining cutting edge awareness of latest regulations and brand safety for clients in relation to data, with a focus on GDPR compliance
- Pushing and developing our data capabilities and skillsets, proposing new initiatives and ideas for how to continually improve our offering
NOTE: There is also scope for a portion of this role to focus on marketing strategy from a more generalist perspective, supporting the Senior Strategist and Strategy Executive in developing client strategies, if the candidate is keen to develop/lean into this additional skillset.
Qualities and capabilities:
- You’re fascinated about what data tells us about people, and with the relationship people have with technology
- You are self-motivated to learn new ideas and ways of working; new platforms, new skills, tools, products, trends; you’re always fluent in what's next
- You’re committed and dedicated to seeing a project or campaign through, applying as much enthusiasm at the end as at the start
- You’ll be able to work fast to unexpected deadlines, and are happy to re-prioritise work based on client needs
- You’ve got experience developing data/performance approaches for proposals/pitches and are keen to get stuck in winning new business
- You are experienced in educating internal and client teams about data and can express yourself clearly and succinctly, mentoring and training colleagues when required
- You’re collaborative, open minded, and always keen to learn as well as teach
- 4+ years experience working in a data or performance/reporting role, spanning a range of channel activations and marketing tactics
- Experienced in dealing with clients and in presenting e.g. performance results
- Instinctively and deliberately staying up to date with the cutting edge of data possibilities
- Serious about understanding and optimising the performance of brand comms to create better customer experience, better client ROI and business growth for the agency
Reporting into: Head of Strategy
To apply, please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering note telling us why you would be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.