Are you interested in women’s magazine and looking for your next move in magazine marketing? If so we have just the job for you.
SevenC3 has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join our publishing team working on Sainsbury’s magazine and WeightWatchers magazine.
You’ll need a positive attitude, plenty of stamina, a sharp eye for detail, great organisational skills and – above all - a sunny disposition.
The marketing manager will be responsible for implementing the marketing strategy, running reader events and awards, managing all marketing pages in both magazines, managing subscriptions and marketing budgets. You will also need to develop a thorough understanding of the magazine readers and relevant insights.
- Working with publishing director and publisher implement marketing strategy to maximise circulation sales (both newsstand, digital editions and direct to consumer).
- Oversee competitions, reader offers and added value offers in the magazines
- Manage subs and marketing budget to ensure cost efficient activity and spend is within budget.
- Manage and run magazine reader events and awards.
- Have a thorough and up to date understanding of the magazine reader and any relevant insights in order to influence strategy and engage with current and potential readers.
- Sm.co.uk - monitor and analyse digital traffic to shape ongoing development of website.
- Working with publishing director/publisher implement digital marketing strategy in order to achieve traffic targets.
- Deliver most cost effective marketing plan ensuring overall brand objectives are achieved with each piece of marketing activity undertaken.
- Work with Sainsbury’s and Weight Watchers team to maximise magazine opportunities through all available channels for all magazine products, print, digital, events etc.
- Ensure full knowledge of CAP code.
- Understand competitor and Sainsbury’s/ Weight Watchers activity and exploit any relevant opportunities for magazines.
- Working with publishing director, Sainsbury’s Magazine and the trading and marketing clients to negotiate and implement sales and instore promotions (eg. Multi buys, Coupon at till) and monitor success.
- Help with creation of monthly/quarterly review updates for publishing meetings
- Work with the publishing director and insights team to coordinate reader survey research and focus groups.
- Be responsible for sourcing added value offers, covermounts etc. in order to grow circulation.
- Develop relationships with 3rd parties to deliver ongoing partnerships where relevant
- Oversee subscriptions management including liaison with handling house, and managing budget.
- With publisher attend regular subscription meetings with ABL to discuss file health/performance, strategy etc.
- Source subscriptions gifts, monitor and optimize acquisition performance.
- Monitor postage pricing and where possible reduce costs. Work closely with fulfillment warehouse on subscription fulfillment.
- With publishing director/publisher work with Exact editions in order to grow digital subscriptions and maximize commercial revenues where possible.
- Working with the publishing director/publisher ensure the magazine brands are data compliant while maximizing e mail sign up as a marketing channel.
- Manage e mail marketing for the magazine and other SM products.
- Set up and manage monthly reader events including ticket sales, magazine promotion, goody bags etc.
- Organise and manage Food and Drink awards event including organizing venue, host and managing budget
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Passionate about food!
- Proven experience as a marketing manager (3-5 years) essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player - willingness to pitch in and help out as required is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
To apply, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV and a covering note telling us why you would be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seven is an equal opportunities employer