At Seven, we believe in putting audiences first – and that a deep, strategic understanding of people and their behaviour is essential in delivering genuine results for our clients.
The Strategy Director is a pivotal member of the Senior Leadership Team at SevenC3, leading the development and implementation of the agency vision and mission, and bringing this proposition to life in our culture, our work and our market.
Working side-by-side with clients, the SD leads a small team of strategists/analysts to ensure our work (for existing clients and pitches) always delivers squarely on the brief – with deep roots in audience behavior, smart insights and an unstinting focus on performance. Our priority is to add real and measurable value to our clients’ brands, and to achieve this our work must play a meaningful role in people's lives.
Advancing the agency:
- Be a hands-on agent of change; leading the development and implementation of the new agency vision and mission, and bringing this proposition to life in our culture, our work and our market
- Critique and advance SevenC3’s agency capabilities by understanding the competitive landscape and identifying the opportunities for us to innovate, stand out and grow
- Identifying where and how to develop/invest in our strategic capabilities, specifically to increase our skillsets, specialisms, technology and tools
- Be a brand ambassador for SevenC3, regularly speaking at major industry events and producing standout thought leadership that engages and inspires the wider marketing community as well as our internal staff
- Build strong and meaningful relationships with the senior teams at our parent and partner agencies, in particular C3, and advance our position as the London office of Europe’s largest content marketing network
Hands-on strategic leadership:
- Directly manage and lead the strategy team (Senior Strategist, Strategy Executive, Paid Media Manager, Analyst) and provide guidance across the team’s full range of capabilities, including but not limited to:
- Scoping and challenging briefs
- Qual and quant audience research, using a range of tools such as GWI, TGI, TalkWalker, SearchMetrics, etc.
- Workshops and interactive client review sessions
- Communication of research and insight
- Data gathering/reporting and synthesis of findings
- Development of holistic strategies (for always-on work plus campaigns)
- Channel architecture
- Interrogation of creative work
- Paid media strategies
- Evaluation of campaign effectiveness/PCAs
- Build strong relationships with our pivotal senior clients, working with them at (a) a business/brand goals level as well as (b) on the hands-on development of their marketing strategies across all channels
- Focus on the rigor of proving performance, by setting clear strategic objectives and success measures
- Core management and leadership skills and responsibilities as outlined below
Collaboration with key teams, working closely with:
- Our Creative Director, working in partnership to set new standards within the agency around connecting strategic thinking to all creative output
- Our Divisional Leads and New Business function to lead the strategic element of key pitches (and mentor the wider strategy team members when they are pitch leads) using your unique combination of digital, content and brand comms expertise to help London (and our wider network) to win higher caliber, more profitable business
- Our Divisional Client Services and Content Leads to provide strategic direction for client/market growth areas, compiling or conducting research as needed, which may include competitive data, emerging opportunities, and consumer insights
Innovative and inspiring figurehead:
- Understand the key trends that drive consumer behaviour and affect the way that brands communicate – always aware of the latest trends at the intersection of brands, culture, and creativity
- Share your past experience working on high-profile brand content and campaigns to inspire our teams, and broaden their horizons
- Establish agency insight briefings and work with our partners/service providers to bring high quality thought leadership and research into the agency
- Fascinated by people, how they behave and their relationships with brands
- Driven by the rarity of discovering true insight
- An inspiring, charismatic speaker, presenter and true figurehead for strategy, able to inspire and convince both our clients and our internal teams about the importance and potential of strategy in all its forms
- Always fluent in what's next
- Inherently collaborative, open minded, and always keen to learn as well as teach
- Energised by managing a team
- Happy to get your hands dirty and work on client deliverables when needed
- Full of energy and passion to push SevenC3 and to play a pivotal role in the agency’s ongoing evolution
Success measures for this role:
- New business conversion rate
- Client retention rate
- Proof of performance / success measure management on client accounts
- Successful ongoing development of strategy team members
Core Manager and Leadership skills and responsibilities
At SevenC3 we are passionate about creating a great place to work. Cultivating great managers is key to making this happen. We’ve captured the areas that we expect all managers to strive towards and offer training and coaching in areas where development may be needed. It’s a big list but important so read on at your leisure!
SevenC3 aspects of great management;
- Builds effective and responsive relationships across teams
- Communicates well, clearly, reasonably, effectively and without inflaming situations
- Builds the team, attracts the right talent, encourages collaboration, resolves and diffuses issues appropriately, able to let team members know directly when they are impeding the teams progress and acts upon any negative behaviours/relationships/individuals
- Sets clear goals, feeds back, creates clear sense of accountability, acts when things go array, is proactive
- Creates a great environment to work in, motivational, inspirational, ensures people are happy
- Leads by example, is knowledgeable, reasonable, emotionally aware, has integrity, is passionate and positive
- Helps people grow, is a great coach, supportive, able to give both positive and negative feedback, looks for development opportunities and career progression
In addition as a member of the senior leadership team individuals should strive for;
- Visionary planning- Keeping SevenC3 forward thinking and ahead of the game through business development, and talent planning
- Thought leadership & Industry profile- Having a profile and networks beyond SevenC3, speaking at events, judging on panels, active on social media
- In touch- Has a good understanding of all areas of the business, understands needs, pressures demands of teams to be able to make informed decisions where appropriate for the future
- Infectious enthusiasm- Impact and presence beyond immediate team across SevenC3 and the network where relevant.
- Keeps us on track- Steers us to the overall goal, agile, flexible and fosters collaboration to bring overall success
Contract type: Temporary to perm role; 9 months initial Fixed Term Contract and maternity cover.
Reporting into: CEO
To apply, please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering note telling us why you would be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.