Art Editor (Maternity Cover)
Are you a creative thinker with excellent design skills and looking for a new challenge on a leading lifestyle magazine? Or maybe you’re a designer looking to expand your experience on a different title?
Weight Watchers Magazine is looking for a creative and talented Art Editor for maternity cover. The magazine contains a mix of success stories, fantastic food shoots and lifestyle across multiple channels in print and online. The demanding role involves designing eye-catching layouts, commissioning photographers and constantly coming up with exciting ideas. The current role requires knowledge and experience of briefing/directing all the food content for the magazine and ideally this would be something you have experience and a passion for.
With the ever evolving world of magazine design you will be required to complete digital design projects alongside your print work from Gifs, videos and web ads, all of which will need to follow brand guidelines.
- You must be a creative individual with proven record of editorial design with the ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Have intimate knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator , After effects and Keynote
- Understanding of food shoot production from concept, commissioning to art directing on the day, plus an extensive contacts book to help organize the shoots.
- Experience of people shoots would be an advantage.
- Experience of both print and digital process and production
- Ability to follow and execute branding
- Above all you must be a real team player and willing to get stuck in to anything from directing shoots, creating gifs, designing fantastic layouts and a great manager of your own workload.
To apply, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV and a covering note telling us why you would be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org