Are you always the first in the queue at a hyped new street food truck ? Do you know what we’ll all be eating when avocados and unicorn cakes fall out of fashion? And can you knock up a white sauce without consulting a recipe?
We’re looking for a food editor on the UK’s best-selling food magazine on the British newsstand. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced, creative food writer, with cookery qualification and/or relevant experience. You’ll be organised, a great communicator and team-player, and full of inspiring ideas for features and recipes.
Helping to create first class food and drink content for Sainsbury's magazine print, online and social media plus other brand extensions including one-shots, books, events and collaborations.
- A key support for the Food Director and Managing Food Editor
- Testing other people’s recipes, developing own recipes and editing recipes.
- Proofreading recipes
- Writing features/news pages.
- Helping to organise and brief photoshoots, including liasing with food stylists
- Helping oversee test kitchen with responsibility for monitoring cupboard supplies, cleanliness etc.
- Originating and pitching ideas for the magazine and website
- Staying on top of current trends, products and influencers to share with the team
- Understanding the magazine audience and the needs and requirements of them and our online users and social followers
- Brand ambassador within the industry representing the magazine at events, book launches, awards and ceremonies, restaurant openings where required
- Co-hosting magazine events and demos and cooking where required
- PR activity for the magazine including radio and TV where required
- Networking within the industry
- Contributing to the blog, the website and magazine social channels
- Embody Seven’s values: accountability, initiative, innovation, appreciation, passion and collaboration
- To adhere to and promote Seven’s environmental management and sustainability objectives.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- An experienced, creative cook with a cookery qualification and/or relevant experience
- Well organised and good attention to detail
- Excellent at idea generation and experience of pitching strong, relevant ideas
- Writing skills and flair are an advantage
- A good team player with understanding and empathy for other team members and their responsibilities
- A can-do and positive attitude that inspires the rest of the team
- Excellent networking skills and personal presentation
- Excellent industry contacts
- An understanding of the audience and their requirements
- A well maintained and highly professional relevant social media profile
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word