The challenge: Help David defeat Goliath (accountant style) for Grant Thornton
Up against the Big Four firms, Grant Thornton set about positioning itself as the go-to advisory firm for mid-sized businesses focused on growing; the ‘growth experts’ of the professional services market. Our job was to help it demonstrate its expertise and get involved in the conversation.
- We created a new content brand called Strategies for growth. The idea was to provide business people with insight, intelligence and inspiration to help them innovate and take advantage of opportunities to grow.
- We called upon the brand’s 4,500 employees and 40,000-plus clients, putting them at the heart of original content based on real-life experiences of helping businesses grow.
- A Strategies for growth website was built to host our content and provide a hub from which we could distribute through social channels and curate other inspiring content. We also created a biannual print magazine and monthly email newsletters for subscribers. Dedicated Twitter and Instagram accounts and further social sharing complete the multiplatform approach.
- 80% of Grant Thornton customers rate Strategies for growth as either good or very good
- 45% of readers have shared a story and 26% have discussed a story
- But perhaps our most pleasing stat came in the form of some direct RoI – when one of our articles opened the door to a conversation that led directly to Grant Thornton winning a large piece of work with a new client