The challenge: Drive monetisation on Whittard’s social channels
Hijack social conversation around cultural moments to convert more of Whittard’s social media traffic into online shoppers.
- The strategy tapped into seasonal events, weather, news and trends, propelling Whittard to front of mind, maximising share of voice and driving social media discussion.
- By tracking the unpredictable weather throughout the country, we used paid distribution to target audiences in different regions, serving them with hyper relevant posts, whether rain or shine.
- Relevant content was pushed to the key audiences, driving them either online to buy or in-store, depending on their behavioural habits.
- The campaign kick-started with a six-day launch and an explosion of 12 weird and wonderful flavours across Whittard’s social channels, using beautiful GIFs, recipe pairings and serving suggestions.
- 119% increase on unique purchases of mini caddies
- 70% increase on purchases through the website
- 442,000 customers reached through social media